March 29, 2013

The brain behind the blog

So I thought that i'd explain myself a little bit.

I'm Charlotte, a 19 girl from south east London currently living in Bristol. I live in the city centre and am loving the vibrant city of Bristol. Being a student I do enjoy student things, such as grimey clubs playing house music as sweat drips off the ceiling (delightful I know), however I am extremely motivated and passionate about chemistry, hence why I have started up this blog.

I studied at an all girls school back in London for my whole school career, leaving with A-Levels in chemistry, biology and maths. I enjoyed school very much but could not wait to dive into university life and extend my chemistry knowledge even further into depth. Especially in a great city like Bristol.

At Bristol uni we currently have 3 hours of laboratory work each week. During the beginning of the first term back in October, I was absolutely bricking it. What if i accidentally blew something up or spilt corrosive chemicals all over me? However, now I am (nearly) completely comfortable with the responsibility in the lab and am looking forward to hopefully having the chance to work in the real chemistry world during my third year since my course offers doing an industrial placement.

However I have a long way to go before that and should really concentrate on revision for the five exams I have in summer - maybe it wasn't the best idea starting up this blog now...

No comments:

Post a Comment